Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Home for me is Chautauqua, New York

I first attended Chautauqua as a child with my parents, we were vacationing at Bemus Point, New York on Lake Chautauqua. On the other side of the Lake the Institute sits in all its glory. The clock tower and the grand Athenaeum Hotel are the two structures that grab your attention at first glance. My family took one day and explored the Institute. I remember liking the old Victorian homes and the large trees that provided shade as well as a sense of protection over me. I was mesmerized with this place at age 7 and even more now. There is not a place in the world that has the same feeling. Is it the freedom, the culture, the faiths, the people, the buildings? I don't know but every year I have gone back to re-connect with who I am and what is important to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home